Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Behar Group (TBG) is a leading Canadian boutique commercial real estate brokerage where we work with the brightest sales representatives and brokers to provide them with the mentorship and resources required to exceed all expectations of our clients.
Included in our client list is a vast array of retail, condominium, office and hotel developers. We have also had extensive experience in the automotive and food and beverage fields. A list of our clients and services can be found on http://thebehargroup.com.
The Behar Group is looking for a full-time marketing and communications coordinator.
Job Duties (Including but not limited to the following):
• Overall coordination and expansion of communications and graphic design initiatives across The Behar Group Realty Inc., Brokerage
• Works with President [Greg Evans] and CEO [Avi Behar] in developing strategies, policies and guidelines around internal and external communications
• Builds content calendar and reviews quarterly to measure progress, and adapt as necessary to achieve best results
• Ensures communications policies and procedures are maintained and compliant with all new legislation [E.g. CASL] and best practices around privacy, accessibility, use of technology and platforms, etc.
Social media and website support
• Creates content for our social media platforms, blog and Behar Group Buzz newsletter on a timely basis by developing [designing and writing] content
• Provides regular updates to website content and develops and implements recommendations regarding changes to look and function of website
• Uses appropriate insight tools to track TBG’s online presence
• Researches and identifies new social media tools, trends and issues and makes recommendations regarding upgrades and implementation
• Develops and maintains relationships with contacts from a variety of media [print and digital] • Develops and pitches stories regarding ‘newsworthy’ TBG deals and clients
• Organizes and facilitates training for staff on use of social media, developing strong content, using key messages, etc.
Internal Communications and Administration
• Provides weekly news clippings to the team on the latest commercial real estate news
• Updates templates for flyers and other printed materials, and ensures consistent use by our sales representatives and brokers
• Helps our sales representatives and brokers with basic support and troubleshooting around using web-based solutions and other communication tools
• Assists in the coordination of office meetings, presentations and team events
Skills and Attributes:
• Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Business, Corporate Communications or Public relations
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter with strong research and problem-solving abilities
• Strong computer skills [Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
• Strong knowledge and understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships with our team [admin staff and sales representatives and brokers, professional associations, clients, media as well as other stakeholders]
• Fast learner and proficient with new technology
• Graphic Design skills [online and print collateral such as infographics, brand usage]; experience using Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
• Experience using an email marketing platform such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
• Effective time management skills and is able to prioritize tasks and streamline work effectively
A successful candidate for this position will:
• Be passionate about the work we do and about the opportunity to learn more about the commercial real estate industry
• Love learning, problem solving, discovering new communication tools and testing different strategies
• Be at their best when juggling and moving between various projects
• Demonstrate their creativity and ability to inspire and persuade through words and visuals
Avi Behar, Greg Evans and Anne Araujo.
To be determined based on experience.
Please send your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or portfolio to Anne Araujo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put ‘Marketing and Communications Coordinator’ in your subject line. In your email please let us know in one or two sentences why you want to work at The Behar Group.
Our social media channels