MEET RON FEHLER!
We're excited to welcome Ron Fehler to The Behar Group team!
Ron Fehler is a seasoned entrepreneur bringing over 40 years of business development experience to The Behar Group. Since emigrating to Canada in 1981, Ron has built a number of marketing and technology businesses, providing a variety of services to local and multinational organizations.
After many successful years as a strategic advisor, Ron embarked on a career in real estate to promote his client’s interest and goals in the real estate market. Ron will focus on business development for land acquisition, commercial investment and start-up real estate growth planning.
Ron’s personal passion for technology has led him to volunteer as an advisor for clean-technology startups at the MaRS innovation centre in downtown Toronto. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Finance and Technology from the Witwatersrand University. Ron is a proud grandfather who is driven by his family and his work. On weekends, you can find him on the golf course in the summer and on the curling rink in the winter.
Let's learn even more about him!
1. What initially attracted you to work in commercial real estate?
Encouragement from people I know in the commercial real estate business; and it’s people-centric, which I really like.
2. What attracted you to want to work at The Behar Group?
I wanted to work with a well-known medium sized brokerage with a great reputation.
3. What is some of the best advice your colleagues have given you throughout your years of experience in the business world?
Listen to your clients - they will tell you what you need to do, to be successful - and I did!
LET’S GET PERSONAL:
1. What is your favourite spot in the city? Restaurant? Neighbourhood?
2. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Warm weather & golf.
3. What is the strangest job you’ve ever had?
Working as a swithboard operator on an international telephone exchange.
4. Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
Tel Aviv - eclectic Western/Middle Eastern flavour with the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, superb sunsets, white-sand beaches, and the best boardwalk in the world!
5. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
Be a pilot.
6. Tell me something that might surprise us about you?
7. Do you have a favourite quote or words that you live by?
“Its always about the people - their aspirations, their needs, their desires..”
8. And finally, complete this sentence. You’re happiest when….
I am watching my grandchildren having fun.