OUR NEWEST AGENT SHARES HIS THOUGHTS
We would officially like to welcome Jake Zerker to #TeamBehar now that he has successfully received his real estate license! Jake has been with us for the last eight months working as a project support assistant and we've been so impressed with what we have seen so far. So I, Jen, decided to sit down with him and find out what he's learned!
Meet Jake Zerker, our newest agent and sports aficionado:
1. You’ve been at the Behar Group for about 8 months now? What do you love most about working at The Behar Group so far?
The Behar Group has a very open and trusting corporate culture. Everyone here has helped me learn about the industry. It has been an easy transition from school to work with the help of everyone at TBG.
2. What do you believe is the most challenging part of working in commercial real estate?
Everything is new, every situation is different. It’s what makes this business fun but also challenging.
3. What is some of the best advice our agents have given you so far?
A deal isn’t complete until there’s two signatures.
4. What advice do you have to give to someone who is thinking about getting their real estate license?
Start early and give your self time to get it. The scheduling aspect of the tests and in-class sessions are what make the process take a lot of time. It took me eight months to complete all of my exams and that was without having to redo any of them. Also it’s a good investment but only if you’re committed, don’t get it if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in it.
5. What issues or innovations are you seeing that will have a profound effect on the CRE industry in the future?
Everyday consumers are able to access as much information as they want and are becoming more and more competent when trying to buy and sell on their own. There will always be a place for a professional in the CRE industry but information makes consumers believe that they can do better on their own.
6. If you weren’t going into real estate, what do you think you would be doing?
I would probably be in some sort of marketing firm working a 9 to 5 job.
To view Jake's current listings, please visit our listing page or contact him at 416.636.8898 ex. 236.